nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

She’s The First Leadership Conference Speaker – Simran Ali Malik

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Join Lasell’s chapter of She’s The First’s at their Leadership Conference next Thursday, November 15 at 2pm to hear Northeastern University undergraduate, Simran Ali Malik, talk about her success and work and how it relates to the conference’s theme of valuing education as a privilege.

Simran is a junior studying International Affairs with a minor in Law and Public Policy. She is originally from Karachi, Pakistan, and before moving to Boston, Simran lived in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for seven years. Simran enjoys learning, and thanks her rigorous high school classes for instilling a lifelong learner inside of her. When she isn’t completing schoolwork, Simran loves to explore Boston with her friends. Simran served as the education intern at the United Nations Association of Greater Boston, where she researched and wrote topic guides on a variety of global issues, as well as engaging with students in a classroom setting and at Model UN Conferences, working with over 900 delegates. Simran was also the Marketing and PR Director for Running to Stop the Traffik, a student run NGO dedicated to combating modern day slavery. She also volunteered with Jumpstart where she worked with preschoolers in disadvantaged areas to improve their early literacy skills. Simran believes doing the work that inspires you is the work that will cause you to be successful, as she says on her website. In addition to her impressive professional experience, Simran also has volunteered for many organizations, like Habitat for Humanity.

Hear her and other speakers share their stories at She’s The First’s leadership conference, tickets are $10 and 100% of the proceeds are going towards She’s The First and the educational scholars they support for girls who are the first in their families to go to high school or graduate school! A great cause and a great event!

Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.