nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

She’s The First Leadership Conference Speaker – Danielle Fortin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Join She’s The First on Thursday, November 15, at 2pm on the second floor of Arnow for their second annual Leadership Conference, featuring Lasell’s own alum, Danielle Fortin, as one of their speakers! They will be talking about the importance of valuing education as a privilege, something Danielle can certainly speak to with all her experience!

Danielle graduated Lasell in 2015 with a Communications degree, and is originally from Woodstock, Connecticut. During her years at Lasell, Danielle played on the lacrosse team. After graduating from Lasell, Danielle spent two years in Uganda working with the Arlington Academy of Hope, a partner of She’s The First, as their International Coordinator. In 2017 when Danielle returned to the U.S., she began working with Bantwana Initiative World Education Inc., as a staff associate supporting the organizations portfolios in Tanzania and Malawi. Recently, Danielle was promoted to Strategic Communications Associate with WEI, where she manages all internal and external facing documents, materials, and online communication for Bantwana which focuses on sustainable development to support orphans and vulnerable children and their caregivers in sub-Saharan Africa.

Come listen to her and their other amazing speakers next Thursday, tickets are $10 and 100% of the proceeds are going towards She’s The First and the educational scholars they support for girls who are the first in their families to go to high school or graduate school! A great cause and a great event!

Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.