clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Spotlight: Corinne Hennessey and Danie Roberts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Seniors Corinne Hennessey and Danie Roberts are nothing short of a power duo; besides being radical change makers independently, they’ve put their skills together to run Her Campus Lasell the past year and have made the Lasell chapter stronger than ever before. Sadly, as the end of the semester approaches, so does the end of their time here at Lasell. Hennessey, a Fashion Communication major, and Roberts, a Journalism/Public Relations major, were both interns with Her Campus in the past year and are preparing to graduate and enter the real world.

I was lucky enough to catch them both at the same time (prepping for a Her Campus meeting, of course) and ask them some of my burning questions about their time here at Lasell. Here are the highlights:

Q: How does it feel to be a senior?

CH: Surprising. Out of the blue.

Q: Were you planning on graduating in three years or did you just come upon it?

CH: Absolutely not. I was dead-set against graduating in three years; I wanted to spend all four years here… I never had any intention of graduating early and it was something that my advisor kept asking me constantly.

Q: Because they were trying to get rid of you? (Laughs)

CH: It’s because I was just taking extra classes at that point. It eventually got to the point that I was signing up for classes for last semester and I didn’t have any classes left, in fact I only had two semesters worth so I was like, “shit, I can actually graduate early.”

Q: What are you most excited about for the rest of the year, besides graduation?

DR: Senior week! I’m mostly just looking forward to being done.

CH: I’m student director for the Runway 2018 and I’m looking forward to finishing up all our She’s The First fundraisers.

Q: What are you looking forward to after graduation?

CH: London is what I’m looking forward to. I’m also looking forward to finishing my book.

DR: I’m looking forward to hopefully finding a job. I’m applying for jobs right now; it’s kind of scary.

Q: Where are you applying- like, what kind of jobs?

DR: I applied to some management groups. I’m applying for publishing jobs, like book editing.

Q: What are you hoping to leave behind at Lasell as your legacy?

DR: My legacy is for people to keep loving Her Campus Lasell.

CH: Activism through creativity, and people being nice to each other and loving themselves. That’s what my book’s about—it’s a children’s book.

Q: What has been the most pivotal moment for you in your college career?

DR: I would say definitely joining Her Campus and becoming an editor, because I had no idea what I wanted to do. I decided to join Her Campus and I [thought], “This is awesome!” I decided, “I want to do this kind of stuff for the rest of my life.”

Q: So it helped you find your purpose?

DR: It did!

Q: What’s your favorite memory from college?

CH: For me it’s definitely meeting and spending time with my best friends on [the porch of Karandon house]. That place is just really special to me and it holds a lot of memories.

DR: I would say Marathon Monday the past couple years. It’s been really great spending time with my friends and we always have the best day. Having friends in college has been great.

Q: What would you do differently if you could go back and do college over?

DR: I feel like I’ve done a lot in my four years, but I wish I had done more.

CH: I probably would’ve stayed another year just because I feel like there’s a lot more I have to offer this place and I don’t have the time to do everything, I also would’ve been an Orientation Leader.

Q: Biggest takeaway/lesson from college?

DR: I think one of the things I’ve learned is that you can’t think about being capable of something before you do it; you just have to do it, you have to act upon it, you have to do stuff.

CH: If you just put your head down and do your work, things will happen for you.

Q: What’s your biggest piece of advice for current college students or seniors?

CH: You need to like yourself. Don’t worry about boys and superficial stuff. Focus on gaining intentional relationships with people you have common interests with.

DR: I would say you don’t have to be the same as everyone else, and leave yourself back in high school. You can be completely different and you don’t have to explain yourself.

Danie and Corinne, thank you for everything you do for HC Lasell and our whole campus. You will be seriously missed.