pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Send Off: Haleigh West

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Name: Haleigh West

Major: Fashion Design

Age: 22

Hometown: Morrisville, V.T.

Q: How did you join Her Campus? A: I was sitting on the porch of Keever House with some friends, one being Miss Emma Graley, who was a Her Campus member whose roommate was Cait Fitzgerald (editor-in-chief at the time). Cait was passing by and stopped to chat and she was throwing around ideas about what she wanted Her Campus Lasell to accomplish. After that we spun up the idea for Sexposed which later turned into SexEd, a feature on healthy relationships and how to cope with hookup culture in a college environment. Working with HC brought me so much love the past two and a half years, with the freedom of expression and the support of really amazing people. 

Q: What is your favorite college memory? A: There are so many, but the ones I value most are those porch moments. Whether it was Keever or K House, just sitting enjoying the sun and waiting for people to stop by on a whim. I met the most incredible souls that way and it brought so much light into my life. It made Lasell become home. 

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up? A: Happy.

Q: Any last words? A: Who you are yesterday, or even five minutes ago, is not who you have to be in this moment. We are always changing and growing. We make mistakes, we may create regrets, but don’t let the past hold you back from accomplishing anything and everything you deserve. Believe in yourself, and if that is too hard, then believe in the you that you have the potential to become.  Much love and happy hunting. 

*Photo by Corinne Hennessey.

Corinne is an associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus. She graduated with a degree in Fashion Communication & Promotions major from Lasell College in August 2018. Before joining the team full time she served as staff writer, social media manager, president and co-campus correspondent of her chapter over her three years at Lasell. Corinne is passionate about sustainable fashion and fashion show production, and served as College Fashion Week Intern for two years. In her free time she enjoys exploring new museums, going to concerts and traveling to new cities.