This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Understanding housing or the Lasell room draw process is not the easiest to grasp and takes a couple of semesters to feel confident in landing your dream room.  It might seem stressful now, but don’t give up hope just yet! One day you will look back on room draw and not even remember what you were so worried about in the first place.  

First, you will receive an e-mail that gives you your room draw number and the date and time you will be eligible to pick a room. Lasell uses a lottery system to assign numbers to each student, so it is completely random.  Each grade will pick rooms during a specific time slot, similar to registering for classes. For example, juniors will have the first pick of rooms, then sophomores and so on.   

Now, when your room draw date and time slot approaches you will need to go to “MyHousing”, which is located on the right hand side of your MyLasell home page under “Campus Life”.  After that you click on “Go to MyHousing”, which will bring you to your “MyHousing Overview”.  On the top, left hand side of this page you will click on “Room Selection”, then click on “Select a Room/Suite”.  When your assigned time starts, you will be able to see all of the available rooms in each building.

Now the room draw process does get a little bit trickier when you have a roommate already selected. For example, only one of you has to select a room during the room draw process because you will be linked, but of course you can only select rooms that will fit the number of roommates you have. The best part is if one of your selected roommates gets a better lottery number than you, you will have a better chance of choosing your dream room. If you would like to select a roommate click “Roommate Selection”, which is located right above the “Select a Room/Suite” tab.

April 1st is when students will be able to select roommates on “MyHousing”, but you are not able to choose a room until about two weeks after April 1st. Lasell will also be sending out more information that will list the exact dates for room draw, so keep an eye out for e-mails. These e-mails will also list the times and dates for informational room draw sessions where students can ask questions.

Remember to breathe and don’t forget that it won’t be the end of the world if you didn’t get the exact room you wanted. From one side of campus to the other is only a ten minute walk, so friends are always close by no matter where you’re living. Who knows, you might meet some amazing people next door who could potentially turn into life long friends all thanks to Lasell room draw.