Career > Her20s

Restaurant Review: Dillon’s Back Bay Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Dillon’s in Back Bay, Boston is an all-American restaurant with some of the best burgers, fries, and mozzarella sticks in the city. Built in 1887 and considered a historic landmark of Boston, the restaurant is named after Captain S. Dillon, who was stationed at the venue from 1920 to 1950. Dillon’s Restaurant is known for its friendly staff, nightlife, and patio, and it has become a local favorite in the Back Bay area. Prices range from $10-$25 per meal, and their hours are Mon-Wed 4pm-11pm, Thurs-Fri 4pm-1am, Sat 10am-1am, and Sun 10am-11pm. You can easily call (617) 421-1818 to make a reservation or ask for more information! 

Menu and Quality of Food

• The menu at Dillon’s has a good number of American food options, including wings, clam chowder, salads, burgers, and more. They also have an amazing dessert menu; I’ve tried both the giant ice cream cookie cake and the skillet smores and both are Insta worthy and satisfy my sweet tooth! I would recommend the mozzarella stix to start, they’re freshly made with vodka sauce and some of the best I’ve ever had. For an entree, the crunch time burger is the way to go!

Atmosphere and Design

• The atmosphere at Dillon’s is fun and upbeat, enticing a young college-aged crowd for its nightlife. They play popular music and have low lighting to set the mood. It can get loud since it’s a bar setting, but it’s a great place to go out with friends. They are well known for their beautiful patio!

Customer Service and Cleanliness 

• The staff here are very friendly, and the overall environment is clean. When it gets busy and loud it can be hard to hear the staff, but it adds to the nightlife kind of vibe Dillon’s is known for. I will say, the service was slow, and the few times I’ve been it seemed like we were waiting a long time. If you’re coming prepared to be there a while and take your time, it’s no big deal.

Rating and Recommendation: 4 Stars

• I would definitely recommend Dillon’s in Back Bay, Boston. The prices are reasonable, the food is amazing, and the atmosphere is fun and lively. This is one of my favorite places to go with my friends when we’re in the city! If you’re in the area, this is a great local alternative to an American fast food chain.
Alexis Grant

Lasell '23

A Junior at Lasell University, Alexis majors in Journalism and Media Writing with a minor in Fashion Media and Marketing. Alexis is interested in dance, photography, social media, travel, and music. In her free time, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite tv shows on Netflix and spending time with her friends and family!