zodiac sign new semester?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
zodiac sign new semester?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
CANVA

Recommended Books Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

If there is anything you need to know about me, it’s that I love reading and astrology. Everything and anything related to books or astrology–I’m immediately obsessed. Each zodiac sign has such a distinct and unique personality, so I thought it would be fun to recommend books based on zodiac signs. 

Aries (March 21 – April 19) – The Folk of the Air Series by Holly Black

Like the main protagonist, Jude Duarte, Aries are ambitious, determined, and passionate. They also aren’t one to shy away from competition. Jude works relentlessly to gain power and prove she is a human worthy of living in the land of Faerie. If any Aries are looking for a fast-paced, high-stakes fantasy, then The Folk of the Air is for you. 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20) – Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

Taurus craves luxury and love, so what is a better book for them than one about a romance between the Prince of Wales and the First Son of the United States? There are countless heartwarming scenes throughout the book, satisfying the romantic side of a Taurus. The characters in Red, White and Royal Blue are also highly dedicated and hardworking, which appeals to Taurus as well. 

Gemini (May 21 – June 21) – Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert

Gemini season indicates the start of summer, so a light-hearted romance seemed most fitting. Geminis are sunny and social butterflies, much like Eve Brown herself. For Geminis in search of a cute romance, look no further. 

Cancer (June 22 – July 22) – Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo

Cancers are loyal, nurturing, and protective. Because of their nurturing nature, family and domesticity play an important role in their lives. Girl, Woman, Other is an anthology of stories about Black British women, and family plays a central role in the perspective of each woman. Any Cancer searching for a tender and beautifully-written novel, I recommend Girl, Woman, Other.

Leo (July 23 – August 23) – The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Leos love the glamour and drama of the spotlight, so a book about an Old Hollywood starlet and her many husbands is the perfect fit. They gravitate toward luxury and tabloid-worthy drama. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo will satisfy every Leo’s inner celebrity. 

Virgo (August 23 – September 22) – All About Love: New Visions by bell hooks

Virgos are grounded, practical, and kind. They seek to improve themselves and support others. All About Love offers insights into how to help others and heal the suffering that is prevalent in modern society. For a sign as hardworking, but gentle, as Virgos, I could not think of a better book.

Libra (September 23 – October 23) – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

What better to reflect Libra’s love for aesthetics and harmony than a Victorian-era novel? The idyllic, charming narrative of Pride and Prejudice will speak to their love of the finer things in life (I’m envisioning the scene from the movie where Lizzie is walking through Mr. Darcy’s gallery). 

Scorpio (October 24 – November 22) – These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong

“The year is 1926, and Shanghai hums to the tune of debauchery,” states These Violent Delights’ summary. Scorpio is passionate, powerful, and clever, so a gorgeous Romeo and Juliet retelling of gangsters in 1920s Shanghai seemed fitting. The characters in this novel are calculated and unafraid to play the long game, much like a Scorpio.  

Sagittarius (November 23 – December 22) – The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake

Sagittarius is another passionate sign that is always on a quest for knowledge. Therefore, a cutthroat book about people who will do anything to quench their thirst for knowledge is perfect. Add some magic, a secret society, a little romance, and you have the perfect book for a Sagittarius. 

Capricorn (December 23 – January 20) – Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson

Capricorns are unafraid to push forward. They are hardworking, persistent, and loyal; all traits shared by amateur detective, Stevie Bell. Truly Devious is a mystery novel taking place at an elite boarding school in Vermont. Stevie shares Capricorn’s determination as she works to solve an eighty-year-old true crime case. 

Aquarius (January 21 – February 19) – I am the Rage by Martina McGowan

Aquarius is a humanitarian that is creative and clever. I thought a poetry collection about the author’s experiences as a Black woman in America would speak to their altruistic hearts. Every poem is beautifully written and tugs at your heartstrings. 

Pisces (February 20 – March 20) – The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon For my fellow Pisces, I thought nothing would be better than an 800-page epic fantasy novel. Pisces are dreamers who love to delve into magical worlds. Any Pisces will be enthralled by the intricate details, masterfully woven to create a high-stakes fantastical adventure. 

Olivia Post

Lasell '26

Olivia Post is the President of the Her Campus at Lasell chapter. She oversees all matters relating to the chapter, from editorial content to on-campus events. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a student ambassador for the Blue Key Society at Lasell. She is currently a sophomore at Lasell University, studying Secondary Education and English with a minor in Spanish. In her free time, Olivia enjoys reading, playing video games, and spending time with her roommates. She can also be found working on her latest crochet project, or watching RuPaul's Drag Race.