This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

My new favorite show that came on Netflix recently is, Sister Sister. This show is set in the ninety’s and is about a pair of African American twins who were separated at birth. They find each other again in the mall and their adoptive mother and father move in together so the sisters can be fully reunited. It follows them through high school and college, and through the many life lessons, they learn along the way. Even though the show was not made in this decade, a lot of the things they learn can be applied to society today and teach us how to get through similar situations. 

Some of the big topics that they discuss that can apply to today are gender and race equality. This shows that these issues have been going on for so long, and they desperately need to be controlled. There is also a whole episode on protests, which is very prominent in society today. The most prominent episode I have watched is the one on elections and the difference between a good citizen and a good person. Since this election is so important, we really have to analyze the candidate’s morals and ideals to be able to pick the best one for president. 

The show also has many episodes about dating, friendships, family, working, and school. Seeing these issues through the character’s eyes really helps the audience understand in a better light, and ultimately choose the right decision when it happens in their own life. 

The episodes that come out once the girls enter college really give an insight into how to be your best, which is great for students our age to watch. They discuss dorm living, how to do your best in class, how to be involved on campus, and how to maintain friendships and relationships while still succeeding in class. 

This is a show I recommend that everyone watches because it is more than just a funny tv show, you are learning so much about how to be the best you can be and how to juggle the unexpected situations life throws at you every day. 

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)