This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Podcasts on Spotify are my newest habit. To me, there is nothing better than putting in my earbuds as I am about to get ready to walk across campus. The best part of podcasts is that there quite literally is a podcast for everything. It can be so motivational to throw on a podcast while cleaning the room or doing any other daily task. So I’m choosing to rate some podcasts on a scale of 1-5 stars with some reasoning for each.

Murder With My Husband  

4.5 stars.

Easily one of my new favorite podcasts, if you are anything like me then you most likely have seen clips of the podcast on TikTok and maybe that sparked some interest in you as well. This is one of my go-to podcasts now because there aren’t too many ads, and they talk about a case seriously, but it doesn’t set a tone that scares me.

Murder, Mystery & Makeup 

5 stars!

My favorite for years! It really started with Bailey’s YouTube channel where she shares the same stories, but now there is a podcast section for these stories from her. It is so much nicer now to be able to shut my phone off and continue to listen instead of having to keep my YouTube pulled up.

Crime Junkie 

3 stars.

Not the worst, but nowhere near the best. It is a good podcast that gives you the base of crimes, but there are a lot of ads that truly take away from the case. As someone with a strong love for true crime, I found myself very disappointed by this podcast.

My Favorite Murder 

2 stars.

My Favorite Murder was my least favorite of the podcasts on this list. I found that the topic seemed to not be taken seriously at all. They spend a lot of time making light of the situation, but not really in a way that pays respect to the lives lost. Very disappointing because their photo for the podcast truly is creative. 

Kim Kardashian’s The System:

5 stars!

I am surprised to see such a high rating for this. When it all started I did not think Kim K. could be a strong person in legal settings. However, I am shocked to say this podcast walks you through a case that Kim worked with. It’s so interesting to hear her and others who worked on the case speak about how the crime went down, and all the flaws with the investigation.

Voices for Justice

2.5 stars.

This isn’t the worst podcast that I have heard, but it only truly focuses on the Alyssa Turney case, which if that interests you greatly then this is a great podcast. However, for me, the case is interesting, but not a large amount of hour-long podcasts interesting.

Today in True Crime

4.5 stars.

This is such an engaging one to listen to. It takes you back to the exact day the crime occurred and gives you all the evidence and information. There is an enjoyment factor within the narration of the cases and really takes the situation seriously, without making the listening time too boring.

These podcasts gave me a large amount of enjoyment while educating me on some cases that I had never heard about. Giving different aspects than some usual podcasts allowed me to find my interest in it as a forensic science major and true crime fanatic. These scores are simply just my opinion, mostly based on how much I enjoyed listening to them, if the ads took away from the case, and if the vibe was fitting for the topic at hand.

Carley Ellis

Lasell '26

Carley is a member and events director of HerCampus, she is a forensic science major in her sophomore year at Lasell University. She is also a member of other clubs on campus such as the Forensic Science Association. In her spare time she likes to read, play video games, and pick up new hobbies such as doing her own nails.