body images 2019 11 25 HomesickDunkinPepMocha21x1 d7da84f2 d7ec 4305 8333 5a71f74e7111 prvjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 11 25 HomesickDunkinPepMocha21x1 d7da84f2 d7ec 4305 8333 5a71f74e7111 prvjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Rating Dunkin’ Flavors By a Former Employee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

After working at Dunkin’ for two years, I have gotten pretty familiar with their various swirls and flavors. I have my own personal favorites as well as recommendations for flavor combinations. Below I have listed my opinion on the best and worst flavors that Dunkin’ has to offer.

1. Mocha – 10/10 – Starting off strong with this classic swirl that adds a smooth chocolatey flavor to any drink. It can be combined with many different unsweetened flavors that can customize your favorite coffee. My favorites are coconut, raspberry, and vanilla. Each adds a different taste that enriches the drink.

2. Hazelnut – 2/10 – Although many people love a splash of hazelnut flavoring in their morning coffee, I try my best to avoid it. However, a combination of hazelnut and mocha swirls create a flavor profile that reminds me of a delicious chocolate bar. 

3. Caramel – 6/10 – This seems to be many people’s favorite flavor! It can be lovely if paired with coconut, but this swirl is too sugary for my liking. 

4. French Vanilla Swirl – 8/10 – Another one of my favorites, the french vanilla swirl has a gentle flavor, making it a nice addition to your drink. However, I think it tastes better when combined with a second flavor. My all-time favorite combination is mocha and french vanilla flavorings!

5. Thin Mint – 9/10 –  This seasonal Girl Scout flavor is a very popular one, and it disappears fast. Its only downside is that it is only available for about 2 months a year!

Lastly, here are two of my favorite coolatta drinks that aren’t on the menu: 

1. Blue Raspberry and Vanilla Bean Coolatta – This is one of my personal favorite combinations offered! This coolatta combination may sound odd, but it tastes like cotton candy. 

2. Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Coolatta – A more basic flavor combo, but still a classic. These two taste like strawberry shortcakes! It’s delicious and I would recommend trying it this summer.

Anna is from Maine and is studying fashion at Lasell.