This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It’s that time of year again when I get to enjoy plates of food that contain the best cooking of some of my favorite foods – Thanksgiving!

Since the food is something to look forward to on this day, it would be incredibly fun to rank the BEST dishes that this holiday has to offer.

1. Cranberry Sauce

Okay, hear me out, cranberry sauce is the most underrated dish. It is so sweet and tasty that it adds to the savory meal on a plate. Also, it pairs well with turkey, which is a plus since turkey tends to be dry. Then, not only does it pair with turkey but it gives more flavor to pork, chicken, and beef. Cranberry sauce is very versatile in this sense but it is also just super delicious on its own. So, if there is no cranberry sauce available at a Thanksgiving dinner, I would be devastated and probably not enjoy the meal as much as I would (haha).

1. Pumpkin Pie

So, I have a bit of a sweet tooth, but this was a hard decision between putting pumpkin pie at number one or two. However, pumpkin pie is the best pie to exist and it makes for the perfect dessert after a flavorful Thanksgiving meal. Also, I do not think much more needs to be said about pumpkin pie because the taste alone speaks for itself and it makes sense why it is considered one of the best dishes to serve on this holiday.

1. (Baked) Macaroni and Cheese

Macaroni and cheese is a wonderful dish even outside of a festive meal. But, on Thanksgiving, a perfectly cooked baked macaroni and cheese dish is just, *chef’s kiss*. There simply isn’t a complete Thanksgiving meal without baked mac and cheese. 

1. Candied Yams

I can’t even properly put the love I have for candied yams into words. My mouth waters just thinking about them as I am writing this article. Regardless of the Thanksgiving holiday, if candied yams are an option anywhere (and they look good) they are immediately going on my plate.

1. Mashed Potatoes

Again, I don’t have much to say about this food that speaks so much for itself. Mashed potatoes are already one of my favorite forms of potato, but at Thanksgiving, they are the cherry on top. They’re warm and so, so good when it melts in your mouth. 

So, as this ranking comes to an end, I am now very hungry and am more excited to eat a Thanksgiving meal very soon, and I hope you are too! Happy Holidays!

Hi! My name is Celeste and I am currently a senior, majoring in Health Science at Lasell University. On campus, I am involved in a variety of clubs such as HerCampus, the Student Government Association as the VP of Academics, the Campus Activities Board, and the Knitting Club. Also, I intern at a health center as a patient resource advocate and I work at the IT Help Desk on my campus. In my spare time, my favorite things to do are read, watch videos or movies, and sit and chat with my friends!