CPL Sections KITCHEN?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CPL Sections KITCHEN?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Style

Ranking MLMs My Mom Has Given Too Much Money Too Over The Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Multi-Level Marketing, commonly known as an MLM, is a unique sales strategy that has grown in popularity in recent years. They are not technically a pyramid scheme. However, they still appear sketchy based on their networking and exploitation of members. Over the years, my mom has fallen into the trap of these MLMs. She has thrown parties and bought a lot of the products from the MLMs listed below. Here is my definitive ranking of the best and worst MLMs she has supported:  

7. Jamberry

This company is no longer in business, and for a good reason. Jamberry sold nail wraps that were flimsy and fell apart easily. They sold whole nail kits that were overpriced. Unfortunately, they earn last place. 

6. Thirty-One Gifts

Thirty-One is known for bags. From small wallets to suitcases, they have it all. There is nothing too special here.  

5. LulaRoe

The clothing company caters to “Mom Fashion”. The bright colors and patterns are cute, but I do not see the hype around this famous MLM. 

4. Color Street

Color Street is the improved version of Jamberry. They sell nail wraps that look clean and are pretty easy to apply. They earn a higher ranking because actual nail polish is used in these nail wraps. 

3. Tupperware

Tupperware is an MLM that has surpassed the negative connotation of being an MLM. It is well deserved as they make great kitchen products, specifically for storage. 

2. Avon 

Avon earns a high ranking because of its iconic role in the beauty industry. They have existed since 1886 and made solid perfumes, makeup, and skincare products over their many years in business. 

1. Pampered Chef

Although MLMs are often noted for making bad products, Pampered Chef makes quality kitchen products. Their tools and food products are all underrated.  

Isabelle is a Sophmore Elementary Education major at Lasell! She also is working towards her minor in History. On campus, Isabelle is involved in HerCampus, Habitat for Humanity, Tomorrow's Teachers, and Empty Bowls. Her hobbies include yoga, listening to Taylor Swift, and thrifting!