The Pros and Cons of Getting a Tattoo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Having a tattoo is a huge commitment. The fact that something is permanently on your body is a scary thought. They are a wonderful way of expressing yourself, which is a major reason of why people get them. They are meaningful and look beautiful. If you are considering getting a tattoo, it’s best to weigh out the pros and cons before you even walk into a tattoo parlor. Luckily for you, that’s what this article is about. Here are the pros and cons of getting a tattoo!

Pros:

• Having something meaningful can be a reminder of something or someone important to you.

• They’re a form of self-expression. If you want to show off something that makes you who you are as a person, then tattoos are perfect!

• Some people design their tattoos themselves. You can show off your own artwork by displaying it on your body. This also goes with self-expression.

Cons:

• It may be harder to get a job based on where your tattoo is placed. If you are considering getting a tattoo, I would suggest getting it somewhere that it is well hidden so it will not limit you when you are looking for jobs.

• It hurts depending on where you get it.

• You might be worried of what it’ll look like as you age. As long as you take care of your tattoo, it will look amazing no matter what for years to come! Just remember to get them touched up every so often.

Credit to Tattoo.com

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.