Culture > Digital

Our Favorite Childhood Online Games and Websites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Since we are the generation that knows the most about technology, we grew up playing games on so many different websites. They shaped our childhood, and helped us to have the savvy skills we have today to be able to tackle many things throughout our life! Here are some of our favorite websites that we loved!

1. Webkinz

This website was revolutionary to us, and still lives on today! It was so much fun going to the store, picking out a stuffed animals, and logging them in through the code tied to their paws. I remember having about 15-20 Webkinz and buying them each special outfits, building their rooms, etc. As soon as we logged in, we would go straight to the Wishing Well or Wheel of WOW to gain coins and follow it up with mining at the Curio Shop to get our prized Crown of Wonder. There were so many things to do that we could spend hours sitting there and playing. 

1. My Scene

I remember spending hours on My Scene, playing various fashion and beauty games. Although it was not as popular as some other sites, many loved logging in and playing the games. 

1. Club Penguin

Who could forget this website?? I remember creating the perfect penguin and trekking out in the snow to go meet new friends and go play in the Dojo. We loved the chance to make pets for our penguins and have the best time. 

4. Disney Channel

Since we can all agree that Disney Channel was in its prime during our younger years, it is no surprise that the Disney Channel website was made to match. Playing games with Zack and Cody and going through Hannah Montana’s endless closet to help her find the perfect outfit for the concert really brought out the best in us. 

5. Wattpad

Once we got a little older, Wattpad was much more our scene. We logged on, read some One Direction fan fiction, and dreamed of the day we would meet our favorite member of the band.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)