Career > Money

Otterboxes: Which to get based on your lifestyle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

One thing to know about me is this: I take really good care of my phones. No, like seriously. Ever since I got my first iPhone 6 in that gorgeous Rose Gold color (if you had that color you are now an instant baddie), I have always taken such good care of my phones. So far I have had five iPhones. This isn’t a brag, but more like admitting that I am a ride-or-die for Apple. So, with each of my phones, I always made sure that I had the best case to make sure that I didn’t crack any of my dear phones. 

Around my freshman year of high school, so about 2016, that’s when the OtterBox craze came into full swing. Back then, if you had an OtterBox you were the elite of the elite, the most popular of the popular kids, or your parents just had crazy money. Although now, since we’re all older and understand the true meaning behind money, OtterBoxes are not as prestigious. To be honest, I barely see anyone use them anymore. 

That is, everyone except me. I am still an OtterBox fan to this day. I have my own money now, so if I want to ball out and get a nice protective case for my very expensive phone. For every one of my iPhones since I have been working my job, I have gotten myself an OtterBox case. Sure, in the beginning, I may have done it to pop off a little and to show off the capitalized “OTTERBOX” on the case. However now, I do it because I love the quality of the case. You can easily get them on Amazon, and to be honest they can be cheaper there too! 

So have I done it? Have I brought you over to the dark side of OtterBox? Well if I haven’t yet, you will now. Depending on your lifestyle, I will be recommending which OtterBox you should get because surprisingly it isn’t one case fits all. 

1. Commuter SeriesModern-Day Student

I am a little biased about this type of case because this is currently the one that I have on my iPhone 13 Pro. This case is great for being protective, however, it isn’t too bulky to hold. It has some secure grips on its side, and it has a little cover to close the charging port on your phone. I recommend this type of case to the average student like me. It’s drop proof, so even if you rarely drop when you do you’re still good! It’s not too bulky, so when I’m wearing skinny jeans my phone comes in and out of my pockets with ease. It’s a great case to get when you don’t want to worry about what your case looks like, you just want to worry about if your phone is secured or not. 

1. Symmetry Series Simple & Carefree 

This is the case for you if you like simplicity and ease. It has a smooth backside and it’s the least bulky out of all of the protective cases. It comes in multiple different colors and styles since it’s one of the best-selling types of cases that OtterBox sells. If you want a case that’s simple for day-to-day life, this is the one for you. 

1. Defender Series- No Nonsense Dad

Now, you don’t just have to be a dad to buy this type of case. However, the majority of people that I see who have this case are people that work with their hands and don’t have time to make their phone case pretty. It’s pretty bulky, so it’s able to withstand some crazy drop heights. It also comes with a holster belt that can be clipped onto one’s belt, and it works as a hands-free kickstand, so bye-bye to that Popsocket you always buy! I recommend this case if you work outdoors and just care about your phone being safe, nothing else. 

1. Prefix SeriesBasic Betty

Do you want a simple, yet durable clear case? This is the one for you. It is a pretty slim case, with no bulk at all to it. However, it is a one-piece design with a soft grip. I recommend not getting clear phone cases just because they get dirty pretty quickly and they are always a hassle to deal with. However if you don’t mind that and you want to show off that pop of color you got on your phone, go right ahead!

Hello there! I am Yalines Medrano and I am a Forensic Science major at Lasell University with the class of 2024. I am from Peabody, Massachusetts and I love to read, watch anime, and hang out with friends! I am so excited to be involved in HER Campus!