Old, New, Latest, and Greatest Films with Emalee: Kissing Booth 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Welcome back to Her Campus Lasell’s movie reviews with our writer and President, Emalee, where we are going to review the classics and the latest and greatest in film. So grab some popcorn and let’s see if this movie is worth seeing. Do not worry there will be *no spoilers* in this article.

The Kissing Booth 2 was released by Netflix on July 24, 2020 and was directed by Vince Marcello. Like the first movie, it stars Jacob Elordi, Joey King, and Joel Courtney. Unlike some of the other reviews I saw online, I personally enjoyed the movie. The movie is on the longer side, so it is definitely a great movie for a movie night with friends or for when you are in the mood for a rom-com. 

The first movie ends with Elordi’s character Noah going off to college to Harvard, which is super far away from King’s character Elle who is still in high-school in California. When Noah goes away, everyone tells Elle that the relationship will not work because it is long-distance, but they prove everyone wrong. I am glad that they showed that it just takes trust, communication, and telling the truth and a long-distance relationship can work. Elle is faced with the hard decision that most high-school seniors are faced with; where should she go to college? Should she go to Harvard with Noah or go to UC Berkeley with her best friend Lee like they always said they would. 

These two movies are based on the books by Beth Reekles, however they are planning on coming out with a third movie in 2021, even though there is no third book. This movie ends on a cliff hanger with some decisions still not made and makes the viewer excited to see what happens in the third movie. 

Stay tuned for  movie reviews this year! Have a movie suggestion I should watch and review next? Email us at hc.lasell@hercampus.com or follow our Instagram: hercampuslasell

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.