Not Sure What To get Your S/O? We got you

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Don’t know what to get your significant other for Valentine’s Day? This problem can easily be solved regardless of if it’s your first Valentine’s day together or your tenth. Whether you think it’s a cheesy holiday or not, it’s still fun to partake in and makes your significant other feel good and appreciated. Some ideas are:

1. Their favorite snack or treat. Getting them a little something shows you saw it and thought of them or grabbed it because you wanted to make their day! 

2. A card, homemade or bought. Even if you buy Valentine’s day card, you should write a little blurb of your own in there. Just take a couple of minutes to write down some things you love about them or appreciate them for!

3. Do an activity that you know they would like or have been wanting to do, even if it’s not your favorite or your type of scene. This could mean going to the movies and letting them pick whatever movie they want, or going out to dinner and letting them pick wherever they want to eat and pay for it.         

There are countless little ways to show your love and appreciation without going over the top unless you want to then totally embrace it! Don’t stress about what you should do and just enjoy the day with your significant other. Even if you’re spending the day alone or with your galentines then do some of these things for you or your friends! Self-care is showing love to yourself and you deserve that as well.

Kaylee Bickford is a Junior at Lasell University studying psychology. She is also a member of Class Committee as the Junior Class Treasurer and CAB. A few fun facts about her are; she absolutely loves sloths, obsessed with her birthday, and Christmas is her favorite holiday. Her instagram can be found at @kaylee_bickford.