This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Nails have always been one of my favorite accessories, and fall is the perfect season for those looking to add a little color to their ensemble. Whether it be bold color, a simple earthtone, or something shimmery there is plenty of variety for nail colors that go along great with the change of the season. Here are some of my top picks for fall 2017!

Burgundy

Burgundy nail polish, such as Essie’s “Skirting the Issue” is a great traditional fall nail color to try! If you are a fan of dark colors and not too crazy about making a bold statement, this classic red wine shade is perfect for you.

Gray

If you like to keep things simple, gray nail polish is a great color for the season. This neutral color is a great way to compliment any skin tone, keep it clean, and is the perfect match for any stylish fall outfit.

Dark Turquoise

This shade of blue topped off with a hint of green is a fall earth tone that looks great on nails! If you are looking for a unique color to try on your nails, without overdoing it, dark turquoise is the way to go!

Metallic Gold

Metallics have been very popular this season. If you are looking to make a fierce statement try a metallic gold nail color, such as “Good as Gold” from Essie. The color gives off a fall vibe while the shine adds a little edge to your look.

Shimmery Purple

If you are looking to add a little shimmer to your ensemble, a shade of shimmery purple like Nars “Diamond Life”, is for you. This color takes a classic purple and adds some glitz to it, putting a twist on a traditional October color.

Bold Red

Bold red is a classic shade that will never go out of style! Being one of the signature fall colors, red looks great paired with any fall outfit you plan to wear and looks great against any skin tone.

Nude

After reading this article, if you are still not inspired to try out a new color or simply are not into nail polish, you can never go wrong with a nude! Nude polish is a simple color that can be paired with any season while still giving you a clean, freshly manicured look.

Brianna is a sophomore at Lasell College majoring in Fashion Merchandising, with a minor in Event Management. She loves shopping, traveling, and anything Disney related. In the future, Brianna plans to work in the bridal industry, as it has been something that she’s always dreamed of.