This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Fall can be a difficult time of year. I know that, with midterms and everything, my mental health has taken quite a toll. Something that always makes me feel better, though, is watching a comfort movie or show. I have quite a few, but, I decided to share my top two shows and top two movies. I am sure I can recite these all by heart with the number of times I have seen them. 

Tangled

First up is Tangled. If this isn’t on your comfort movie list don’t talk to me. (Just kidding). But seriously, Disney put their all into this movie. The music, grumpy/sunshine trope, and of course Pascal, everything is just chef’s kiss. To keep my sanity, it is vital to rewatch this at a minimum of once a month. 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Before y’all come for me, I know this one is a bit sad and dark. Leave me be, sometimes, you got to embrace the sadness. Anyways, any Harry Potter movie is a comfort movie for me. But the fifth one in particular just feels so nostalgic for some reason and hits every time. 

Gravity Falls

Moving on to TV shows, I freaking love this show. I do not care if it is a “kids’ show.” I will watch this when I am 90. If I need a good laugh I am immediately turning this show on. This also is a great option for Saturday morning cartoons with friends, but be careful because the morning might turn into the day, and then all of a sudden it’s 7 pm and you’ve watched way too many episodes… 

Gilmore Girls

I have based my personality on a mix of the characters from this show. My mom introduced me to the Gilmore Girls when I was in fifth grade. I think I have seen all of the seasons at least ten times each, this is not an exaggeration. I know this show like the back of my hand. I talk as much and drink as much caffeine as Lorelai Gilmore herself. I put this on when I am sad, happy, or in need of some background noise while I study. Basically, this show is like the background music of my life. 

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!