Career > Her20s

My Squishmallow Collection: Why are These Things so Addicting?

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

One word: Squishmallows. These squishy plush are quite literally taking over my world, and I can’t say that I’m necessarily mad about it. They come in a variety of sizes, are typically decently priced (but we’ll get more into that later on), are adorable, and if the name didn’t already tell you, they are perfectly squishy. Perfect for hugging or even just decorating your space, Squishmallows are a must-have for literally everyone of all ages. However, even I can admit that I’ve taken my collection of Squishmallows a bit too far, but I just can’t help it. I love how squishy and cute they are, and every time I see a Squishmallow in stores, I get a rush of joy and just have to buy one (or a few). 

WTF is a Squishmallow? 

Squishmallows, as I’ve mentioned, are a plush toy that has been around since 2017. They’re made by KellyToys and sold just about everywhere, including Target, Walgreens, and the Paper Store among a bunch of other locations. There are more than 1,000 different styles to collect, and each plush comes with a personalized name tag that has a short blurb about the plush. They range in size from 3.5” to 24”, and there are a couple of different product lines. These include Hug Mees, Stackables, the Mystery Squad, and Flip-A-Mallows. 

Where can I buy them? 

Honestly, everywhere! My favorite places to spot squish are at Target, Walgreens, and the Paper Store, but you can find them in so many other places. The Squishmallows website has a list of legitimate squish retailers, and I totally recommend checking it out. There are also places not on that list, such as Newbury Comics, that sell Squishmallows but at insanely jacked-up prices. You can also find them on resale sites such as Mercari and eBay, but again, the prices on these kinds of apps can get really crazy. 

If you’re anything like me, you’ll soon find yourself absolutely addicted to these silly little plush. They’ve taken over my dorm room (as you can see on the Lasell University Her Campus TikTok page) and my room at home; I just can’t stop buying them! 

Let me know in the comments below if you also have a Squishmallow addiction or who your favorite squish is!

Attends Lasell University and is currently a senior (class of 2023). An elementary education major with a minor in child and adolescent studies. A proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, I love the color yellow, crocs, and all kinds of tea!