The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I like to keep my makeup fast and simple for my everyday routine. Many of these are my holy grail products which I’ve been using for years. As a full-time student, I don’t have hours to get ready every morning and put on a full face. I love how this routine takes me about 10-15 minutes and enhances my natural features! I use an affordable mix of products since I want to look nice without breaking the bank. 

First, I damp my beauty blender and use the NARS Soft Matte Long-Lasting Foundation. I have oily skin, so I try to use all matte products. This is more of a full-coverage foundation, but I only use a small amount for everyday use, and I love how the shade match (I use L2) is perfect for my skin tone. It melts into the skin, feels lightweight, and helps give some extra coverage to any blemishes I might have. 

Next, I go in with the Elf 16-Hour Camo Full Coverage Concealer in the shade light ivory to brighten my under eyes and cover any remaining blemishes. I don’t like the feeling of heavy makeup on my skin, so even though I use full-coverage products, I use a small amount and only where I need the extra coverage. 

After foundation and concealer, I use the Sephora Collection Translucent Loose Setting Powder to set my makeup. I also reapply this throughout the day if my skin is looking oily. To finish my face makeup, I add the Covergirl TruBlend High Pigmented Blush in the shade Coral Crush, which is very pigmented and buildable. I also use the Milani Strobelight Instant Glow Powder in the shade Dayglow on my cheekbones and the inner corners of my eyes to add a nice golden highlight.

Once my face makeup is completed I curl my lashes and use the Maybelline Lash Sensation Sky High Mascara, which I’m convinced is one of the best mascaras on the market. This makes my eyes pop and give my lashes more length and volume than any other kinds I’ve tried. This mascara went viral on TikTok last year and I’ve been loving it ever since.

Then I do my eyebrows, and my favorite products are the Instant Lift Brow Pencil and Wow Brow Gel, both from Elf Cosmetics in the color Neutral Brown. The brow gel is a dupe for the popular Benefit Cosmetics one, but it’s much cheaper and works just the same, adding both fullness and color to my brows.

Lastly, I like to add a light layer of lip gloss for some color. My favorite is the Maybelline Lifter Lip Gloss with Hyaluronic Acid in the shade Silk. It’s not sticky like other lip glosses, and I love how hydrating it is on the lips. It’s a great way to add a little color to my routine while keeping it simple and light.

Alexis Grant

Lasell '23

A Junior at Lasell University, Alexis majors in Journalism and Media Writing with a minor in Fashion Media and Marketing. Alexis is interested in dance, photography, social media, travel, and music. In her free time, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite tv shows on Netflix and spending time with her friends and family!