The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Amazing. Chaotic. Unique. This entire show was like no other I have ever been to. Let’s talk about the most memorable aspects and moments that occurred. 

Opener

Dora Jar opened for The 1975 and I was in awe watching her perform. Between running around the stage, doing the splits, and talking to the crowd, you can tell that she was having fun and truly loves what she does. I had never heard her music before this show, but as soon as I heard her voice and talent, I decided to follow her on Spotify. Just from her 30-minute opening act, I could tell that she was a genuine human with immaculate musical talent.

The Set

When the curtain dropped, my jaw dropped at the beauty of the set, with its houselike structure and warm lamp lights. It felt comforting with the features of a real home such as bookshelves, televisions, couches, and little knick-knacks. With a stage like this, Matty Healy and his bandmates were able to alternate where they were performing and use different props throughout the show. My eyes never got bored watching what was happening next, almost as if it were a play. 

Matty Healy

Matty Healy is a strange and unique man. I will say that it takes a huge amount of talent to perform that drunk on a stage in front of thousands upon thousands of people. And to perform well in that state. He truly puts on quite a show, and it is mesmerizing to watch his form of talent and style. I have never watched a performer act out his songs the way Matty Healy did on this set.

Clay Matty Healy Body

This part of the show was a mixture of confusing and funny. About halfway through the show, a life-sized, naked, clay version of Matty Healy is displayed in the middle of the arena. I have heard that he has this in his shows because it demonstrates how the media has stripped and remade him. This scene represents him protecting himself from that. However, at the same time, it is a bit funny to randomly see a naked man halfway through a concert.

Subway Surfers

One of my favorite songs by The 1975 is “Be My Mistake.” It is one of the band’s sadder songs, with a slow rhythm and somewhat deeper lyrics. However, as this sad song is acoustically being performed, on the big screens the game Subway Surfers is playing. Everyone began laughing because the game seemed so out of place during such a peaceful and serious song. 

Although my best friend attended the concert with me, and I did not know every song, The 1975 has music that you can vibe with without knowing the words. It was a wonderful experience and I recommend seeing the show if they come to your area.

Hello! My name is Olivia Prisco and I am a Psychology Major at Lasell University in the class of 2026. I am from Cape Cod, Massachusetts and I enjoy writing, playing tennis, and watching comedies. I am excited to be a part of the HER Campus community.