Style > Beauty

My Quick and Easy 10-Minute Makeup Routine You NEED to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Let’s face it, there’s not enough time for a full makeup routine before heading to class. Whether you’re trying to sleep in a bit more or you’re just too lazy, or both, you don’t have time. Over the past four years, I’ve come up with a 10-minute makeup routine. The best part? You only need six things. Super easy, right? Here’s my easy 10-minute makeup routine for those lazy mornings. 

The first thing I do is wash my face. I like using Neutrogena face washes as my face feels fresh afterward. I always feel better after washing my face and getting any leftover makeup and dirt off. After I dry it, I apply a Neutrogena SPF 15 moisturizer. Not only does this protect your face from the sun, but I find that it leaves a better canvas for your makeup to stay on all day. It also leaves your face feeling smooth and hydrated. That’s a plus! 

The next thing I do is apply my concealer. I put it on my forehead, nose, any blemishes, and under my eyes and on my eyelids. I like to blend it in using a sponge. I then apply powder anywhere I put the concealer just to keep it on longer and look matte. I like to do my brows before I put on my mascara. Is that weird? After I make sure my brows are looking good, I apply mascara to my top and bottom lashes. Lastly, I apply a bit of blush to my cheeks for some added color. And don’t forget the chapstick. Now you’re done! Super quick and easy!

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.