nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Favorite Places in Rhode Island

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I used to hate Rhode Island… I still kinda do, don’t even get me started with that “small-town” charm B.S most locals rave about. But, after moving to Newton, Massachusetts for school I began to appreciate some of the good my home state has to offer.

1. Providence:

I strongly believe that your favorite city in Lil’ Rhody says a lot about you. There’s beachy Newport, and then there’s Providence, called the ‘Creative Capital’ for a reason. Filled with art and culture some of my favorite places include India Point Park, Tallulah’s Tacos (the best tacos in the state tbh) and the RISD Museum. Whatever your interest, there’s something for you!    

1. Iggy’s Doughboys:

If you ask me, food is what Rhode Island really has going for them. There are so many options unique to the state and I recommend you try them all. But if you really want something that captures the essence of RI, you need to try Iggy’s. There are two locations, but I prefer the Narragansett one. They have all the grub you’d expect a beach side  restaurant to have; burgers, fries, fish n’ chips. However the star is their doughboys. Nothing beats sharing a dozen while watching the waves crash against shore.

1. Gray’s Ice Cream:

For me, Gray’s is a hometown favorite, but people flock from all around the country to try their famous homemade ice cream. Their year-round (better) location is tucked away in historic Tiverton Four Corners, but if you find yourself in Bristol be sure to stop by their seasonal location, Gray’s on the Dock. I always make sure to order a pint of coffee Oreo to take back home whenever I stop by.

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.