The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I am an avid user of hair dye, that is no secret. My natural color is blonde, but currently, I am brunette. Before this I had turquoise hair; before that, I had blue hair; before that purple. You get it. I’d like to say I know a decent amount about what hair dye brands work best for my type of hair, which is fine with a wavy texture. With that in mind, I will list off just a couple of the hair dye brands I use the most. 

Permanent:

Ion Color Brilliance: Permanent Creme Hair Color 

I use this line of Ion religiously. The color I use, 2NN Darkest Intense Brown, is the shade I originally looked for. It comes in a tube about 6 inches long, but it will last you a good while. I only do my roots currently and I don’t have to use much of the dye. Since the dye is permanent, it will stick! So make sure it is a shade that you want for a *long* time. 

Semi Permanent:

Unicorn Hair Color by Lime Crime 

Whenever I’m looking for something a little more fun, more on the wild side, I seek out Lime Crime. While it is on the more expensive end of semi-permanent hair dye, it’s worth it. Last year, I used the shade Mystic and it came out absolutely beautiful! It was the perfect shade of blue that I wanted. One thing about this brand is that the colors fade differently, and fade at different speeds. I used the shade Genie last year and it lasted me one month, Mystic on the other hand lasted me almost two. It definitely also depends on the application, hair texture, and whether you use bleach or not, however, that is simply what I noticed.

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.