Life > Experiences

My Favorite Dorm Snacks for When I Want to Be Healthy

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The aesthetic I am trying to give this year is a soft girl. I, of course, don’t have the funds to go out and buy all of my girly things. However, I still insist on following this aesthetic. By wearing oversized sweatshirts, leggings, and UGGs and only wearing a bit of mascara. Some call it a soft girl aesthetic. I call it a reason to look bummy every day but make it cute. Another aspect of being a soft girl is eating healthily. That was one of the main things that I put in my new year’s resolution for this year. I didn’t completely cut out junk food from my life, that’s too much of a commitment for me. Instead, I decided to start small. Instead of constantly shoving Doritos in my stomach, maybe some yogurt from time to time? (For reference, Doritos  are my favorite snack of all time.) So here are my top dorm snacks for when you feel like being a healthy queen. 

1. AlmondsRaw Whole Almonds – 10.5oz – Good & Gather

I love almonds so much. They are so yummy, and they have a ton of health benefits. Some health benefits are lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure, and lower cholesterol. They are great snacks to eat in between classes. I personally prefer raw almonds. If you are allergic to tree nuts, simply stop being allergic and try them (just jokes :) ) 

1. Carrots & Ranch – Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing To Go Cups – 12fl oz/8pk

Ever since I was a kid I have always enjoyed eating carrots. To the point where I kid you not, my skin turned an orange hue. I was promised that if I ate all my carrots, my eyesight would be perfect. Now as I’m older and realize that carrots barely help with eyesight, I’m still here chomping them down 

1. Hummus and Pretzels – Classic Hummus & Pretzels Cup – 4.53oz – Good & Gather

To be honest, I used to hate hummus. But as I grow up, so do my taste buds. They’re really great to have since you just throw them in your mini fridge and they can last for a while. 

1. Popcorn – SkinnyPop Original Popcorn, 4.4oz Grocery Size Bags

If you know me, you know I love my popcorn. I will gladly floss every single time after I eat a huge bowl of it. Lately, I’ve been getting lazy and eating microwavable ones with a shit ton of butter, but SkinnyPop is the best.

Hello there! I am Yalines Medrano and I am a Forensic Science major at Lasell University with the class of 2024. I am from Peabody, Massachusetts and I love to read, watch anime, and hang out with friends! I am so excited to be involved in HER Campus!