Men’s Volleyball Defeated by NYU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The Lasell College men’s volleyball team was defeated by New York University, NYU,  3-0 on Saturday, February 1st. It was their second loss of the season.

Going into the first set of the game,the two teams looked  well matched, keeping the score consistent for  six points. NYU slowly gained some momentum over Lasell, feeding them some pretty hefty and unreturnable hits. Lasell fared well, but subsequently fell to NYU in the end. NYU had a large majority of their serves in the net but they ultimately won the three sets with scores of 25-20, 25-22, and 25-21 respectively. 

Sophomore outside hitter Jeff Vautrin led both teams with 11 kills. For those readers who don’t know, a kill is a hit that is unreturnable. Sophomore setter Andrew Glenn recorded 22 assists. There were 67 people in attendance at the Saturday afternoon match.

The Lasers (5-2) take on the Lesley University Lynx (0-2) at Lasell on Thursday, February 6 at 7PM.

Angela is a senior communication major with a concentration in public relations, and is double minoring in legal studies and sports communication. She studied in Washington, D.C. during the Spring 2016 semester. Angela has interned with McGovern Law and the Washington Ballet. She once was in the same press conference as President Obama. When not in class, she can be found in the Brennan Library studying, in the one of the gyms on campus or taking a nap. Angela is a sports lover, buffalo chicken enthusiast, and future master sommelier.