Meal in a Mug: Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I found myself in need of warm chocolate goodies one night, but alas, I had no eggs. I searched online for a recipe and found this one.

• 1.5 to 2 TBSP melted butter

• 1 TBSP sugar

• 1 TBSP brown sugar

• ⅛ TSP vanilla

• ¼ cup flour

• sprinkle of salt if desired

• ⅛ TSP baking powder

• chocolate chips to taste

1. Melt your butter in a microwave safe bowl. You can make and cook these in one container, but I made mine in a measuring cup and cooked in a ramekin. I think mugs are a popular option for these microwavable desserts. After melting the butter, add in both sugars and vanilla and stir well.

2. Next add in your flour, salt and baking powder.

3. Stir to combine. Add in your chocolate chips – you can use as many or as few as you would like. Also feel free to add nuts or other mix ins.

4. Now it’s time to pop it into the microwave and cook. This is where there is a fair amount of variation. You could cook for as little as 40 seconds or as much as one minute and 20 seconds. This will depend on your microwave and what you want your cookie to be like. There are no eggs in this, so you are probably safe to go on the more undercooked side.

Rating: 9/10

This was SO GOOD. Some of the other recipes had milk or other ingredients for substitutes (which I didn’t have), but I had everything on this list. It was quick to make and tasted pretty much like a chocolate chip cookie. It doesn’t really matter if you don’t cook it completely through like I did. It has no egg in it, which means there is no chance of any weird food poisoning, and you can totally eat just the cookie dough if you wanted to. I also like how the recipe states to use ‘as many chocolate chips’ as needed, because it is completely okay if you dump an entire cup in there for a small cookie. This recipe is great to use if you’re stuck in your dorm room with some ingredients and no eggs. It’s yummy and absolutely takes care of your chocolate craving.

Danie is a 2018 graduate of Lasell College. She served as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Lasell for two years, and wrote all four years. Danie also worked for Her Campus as a Community Management intern for two semesters, and was a National Feature Writer for six months. Danie studied Communication with concentrations in Journalism and Public Relations. She is currently seeking opportunities in the editorial or music industry. Follow her on all platforms at @raniedoberts and check out her website, raniedoberts.com.