Marilyn Dewar: Globe Trotting Professor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Marilyn Dewar is a globe trotting English professor at Lasell. Dewar’s career in education started out in an elementary school. She later moved up and became a high school teacher when her daughter entered her final years of school before college. Dewar also used to teach math and history. 

Dewar has brought students to France, Italy, Egypt, Greece, Ireland, Spain, and Turkey through Education First (EF) tours. Dewar has traveled with EF tours since 1999. She first got involved with the program by accident. A fellow collogue asked her to join her on a EF tour trip to Spain. Dewar agreed to go and seeing the reaction of the kids on the trip, she knew she wanted to get in on the action. Since then, Dewar has been very happy with her experience with EF tours and has had little problems with the program. She has also been to England, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Russia, with her family. 

When she is not traveling around the world or teaching English to Lasell students, Professor Dewar likes to spend her time reading, spending time with family and friends, entertaining guests, and relaxing in the sun.

EF tours are perfect for students who are not able to study abroad or simply want to see many sights in a short time. These trips are educational, but don’t worry there are no assignments. To learn more about these fun and insightful trips, you can contact Marilyn Dewar at mdewar@lasell.edu

Photo courtesy of Celeb