Style > Beauty

Love Beauty and Planet: the Vegan and Ethically Sourced Beauty Brand of Our Dreams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I decided to test Love, Beauty, and Planet after hearing about the brand’s mission. The brand’s aim is to source ingredients responsibility, reduce waste, save water and be environmentally friendly. I ended up picking out some of their shampoos and conditioners. All their products are cruelty-free and vegan. ALSO can we appreciate their diversity in hair models?!

The first shampoo and conditioner I tested out was Coconut oil and ylang ylang shampoo and conditioner for damage repair. I used this product for about a month until I had to switch the product.

This is my favorite shampoo and conditioner combo by the brand. It was so moisturizing and did not weigh down my hair or leave a greasy residue. I felt this product left my curls bouncy and hydrated. I saw the frizz in my hair decrease as soon as I began to use it. Just as a side note, I did continue to apply my usual coconut oil after my shower. This product is safe to use on colored hair, which was important because my hair is dyed. It is also free of silicones and parabens. It smells amazing, which you know is kind of important. The scents for all these products smell supernatural and not like a chemical smell.

I later switched to the murumuru butter and rose shampoo and conditioner. This one is made specifically for chemically treated hair and after dying my hair I wanted to try to prevent the color from changing.

I was not as happy with this product, in comparison to the previous duo. These products smelt very nice, but I’m not really a rose person. The product is not as moisturizing in my opinion and my hair was frizzy while using this product. I had to do more washes in between my usual wash to help keep my hair from looking flat. I also noticed my scalp flaking, but it could just be due to the fact that I started this at the beginning of January. I wasn’t impressed with this set and it’s about average. However, I think if your hair is not dry then you would enjoy this product.

In the end, I think Love, Beauty, and Planet is a brand you should try out; you just need to find the product line that works best for you!

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.