Looking to Get Your Snack On? Try Out These Yummy Valentine’s Day Inspired Treats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Everyone loves food, i mean, it’s a basic need for survival so we kind of have to. Valentine’s day is a day a love, to celebrate the things we love and appreciate in our life. So, in a way, Valentine’s day is a day for food. Here are some Valentine’s day inspired treats to make for those in your life or just for you this February!

Valentine’s Day Brownies

A chocolate twist on your favorite conversation hearts. Simply make a  batch of brownies, use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make the shapes, and use frosting to write your sayings on top.

Pretzel Arrows

This is a very simple treat to make. Just take jelly heart candy and place it on either side of the pretzel rods. Whichever heart is going to be the back of the arrow, cut the middle out like pictured above.

Oreo Wands

Grab your favorite Oreos, any kind will work, and some melting chocolate from the store. Place the melting chocolate in the microwave and then dip the Oreos into the chocolate. You can cover this creation with frosting, sprinkles, or any other topping of your choice. Lastly, get a stick and insert it at the bottom of your Oreo and you are all set!

Marshmallow Pops

This process is very similar to the Oreo wands. First, you will want to put two or three marshmallows on a stick, and then, as mentioned above, dip it in melting chocolate and cover with your favorite toppings.

Heart Grilled Cheese

Here is a savory item to balance out all the sweets listed above. Make a grilled cheese, however you would like. Use your favorite bread and cheese. When it is done, you will need to use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make a heart shape sandwich.

Looking to try some of these yummy treats? Her Campus Lasell has you covered with our heart shaped grilled cheese, marshmallow pops and Oreo wands Valentine’s Day delivery February 14th 8-11pm! Order outside the dining hall from 2/7-2/14.  We will be taking Venmo and Cash!

*photos from Pinterest

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)