Emily from Emily in Paris
Emily from Emily in Paris
Darren Star Productions

A Late Emily in Paris Reveiw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

A few weeks ago, I was scrolling through Netflix, trying to find a new show to binge-watch after Covid has seamlessly allowed me to already watch a large number of series. When I was looking, I stumbled upon one of the new Netflix series, “Emily in Paris.”

This show follows a marketing executive named Emily, who is forced to move to Paris for work after her boss, who was supposed to be the one to go, became pregnant and was unable to go. She was being sent to work for another marketing firm in Paris, to help them see how Americans are viewing their products, and come up with ideas to make the products more American friendly, so they would sell the most product they could. 

Throughout the show, we follow Emily through her new job. However, we also see her tackle life as well and learn many life lessons. She learns about heartbreak, relationships and friendships, herself, and how to make herself known in the industry. These are all crucial lessons for her to learn so that she can be successful in her everyday life. 

I really enjoyed watching the show. It presented a real-time analysis of how to juggle scandal, tough jobs, and feeling comfortable in new environments. Through watching it, I was able to really understand how important it is to really put yourself out there in your industry and to not be afraid to speak up and share your ideas, even if they get shut down. I recommend watching the show as it really relates to our generation and our understanding of how the world works. 

Season one has eight episodes currently out on Netflix, however, a second season was just recently announced to come out soon! If you have watched the show already, let us know what you thought and any lessons you took away from season one!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)