Lasers Advance to Semi- Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The fourth seed Lasers trumped the fifth seed Rivier University in the GNAC men’s basketball quarterfinals. The Lasers won the game with a final score of 80-65. After getting off to a slow start, the Lasers picked up momentum over Rivier and ended the first half on top with a score of 43-30. Clyde Niba and Brandon Ganesh led the Lasers with 22 points apiece, Niba recording 15 rebounds. Angel Ortiz knocked down four of his attempted six three-point field goals. With Lasell’s win over Rivier in the GNAC quarterfinals, they now advance to the GNAC semi-finals, facing the number one seed, Albertus Magnus, at Albertus Magnus on February 27.

Angela is a senior communication major with a concentration in public relations, and is double minoring in legal studies and sports communication. She studied in Washington, D.C. during the Spring 2016 semester. Angela has interned with McGovern Law and the Washington Ballet. She once was in the same press conference as President Obama. When not in class, she can be found in the Brennan Library studying, in the one of the gyms on campus or taking a nap. Angela is a sports lover, buffalo chicken enthusiast, and future master sommelier.