Lasell University Students Admire Slacker University Nightclub Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Looking for an exciting way to spend your Thursday nights? Look no further than Slacker University, a beloved nightlife experience among numerous Lasell University students. Slacker University offers a unique college focused event that has captured the hearts of many. The dynamic experience is brought to life through the collaborative efforts of two clubs, ICON and Venu, conveniently located side by side on Stuart Street. While the allure of a nightclub is typically associated with alcohol, Slacker University maintains a strict no-alcohol policy, ensuring a safe and inclusive environment for the 18 to 22 age range. These alcohol free events draw students from various colleges across the Boston area.

Aaliyah Inkiala, a freshman at Lasell University, shared her enthusiasm for Slacker University, emphasizing the allure of the event’s vibrant atmosphere. “I really enjoy Slacker parties because they always play good music, and the promoters listen to their audience and come up with fun themes,” she remarked. One of the best features of Slacker University is the everchanging themes, which ensure that each event is fresh and exciting. Some of the past themes have been 2000’s Night, White Lies Party, Bad Bunny Night, Winter White Out, and Pajama Party. Each theme contributes to the energetic ambiance of the night. Christina Serene, a junior, shared her experience attending one of Slacker University’s themed events: “I went to a PJ themed night. I had such a fun time. I would highly recommend it to any college student; I will absolutely be returning for more theme nights!” Her support captures the appeal of Slacker University, which draws students from various backgrounds and interests together for a night of celebration and entertainment. Slacker University continues to be a beloved destination for college students seeking a break from academics and a chance to unwind in a lively environment.

Hello! My name is Kayleigh Bollin. I am a study at Lasell University, studying Fashion Media and Marketing. I enjoy fashion, listening to music, dancing, and going out to Boston. I am from Martha's Vineyard, Mass.