Kyle’s Korner: The Rumors are True, Cardi B is Pregnant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It seems like every week there is a new pregnancy rumor. There have been rumors circulating for months about Cardi B, an up-and-coming hip hop artist, expecting her first child with fiancê Offset of Migos. TMZ originally broke the rumor that a member of Cardi’s team has expressed that Cardi could not drink because of her “condition” at an event, which sparked the rumors. After, Cardi seemed to only post photos of herself from months ago, video of her shoulders up, or in distracting clothing that did not reveal a baby bump.

Until this past Saturday, Cardi has been denying the rumors of her being pregnant. One fan asked on social media if there was a “Kylie Jenner secret we all should know about”, in which Cardi replied, “No b*tch, I’m just getting fat. Let me fat in peace.”

This Saturday, however, Cardi B revealed her baby bump during her second performance on SNL. Cardi B performed her newest single, “Be Careful” (which is rumored to be about Offset’s rumored infidelity), in a tight-fitting white gown that formed beautifully around her baby bump. When the bump was revealed, the crowd applauded Cardi. After her performance, Cardi was met by her team and a round of applause. Cardi, excited and feeling liberated, could not help but say, “I am finally free” on a video after the performance.

Cardi is rumored to be due the first week of July. This will be Cardi’s first child, and Offet’s fourth child. I wish the couple the best. Congrats Cardi!

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.