Kim Kardashian-West and Kanye West Expecting a Baby Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It is official! The next heir to the Kimye fortune will be a baby girl! On Nov. 15, Kim Kardashian-West accidentally gives away the gender of her baby on the Ellen DeGeneres show. Kardashian-West was commenting on how she wanted to have a baby shower for her eldest daughter, North, to truly understand another baby is joining the family.

Due to complications with her previous pregnancies, Kardashian-West and her husband decided to have a baby via surrogate. Kardashian-West’s surrogate is due January. She has admitted to having difficulties coming to terms with not carrying her third child herself, but she is trusts her surrogate. She also stated that her children, especially her youngest son Saint, are having trouble understanding having another baby, especially since she is not the one pregnant herself.

Kardashian-West joked, though, and told DeGeneres that she wanted to pay someone to dress as a stork and leave the baby at the doorstep. She adds, “isn’t that what we heard when were growing up? That storks dropped off…?”

Kardashian-West then explained she wanted to have a baby shower to show there is actually a baby coming to her children. “I thought, ‘I really do want to have a baby shower because I want her to feel that something’s coming and for her [North] to really understand it,” Kim explained. “People brought toys and gifts. She was opening them all up the next day and she said, ‘Mom, Baby Sister’s not here. I think I need all of her toys in my room. I’ll play with them and just make sure they’re OK for Baby Sister.'”

After sharing this story, DeGeneres comments, “She’s a toy tester…and you just told us it’s a girl!”

Kardashian-West laughed and replied, “oh, I guess,” and then went into detail about how North is very happy about getting a little sister, since she is not too pleased with having a brother.

Kimye currently do not have a name for the child.

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.