freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Jeff Bruno

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

You may have seen this week’s Campus Cutie on the sidelines at the Men’s Soccer games, sporting a black cast on his wrist and cheering his teammates on. You may also know him from his obsession with anything regarding Nebraska. Jeff Bruno is a sophomore majoring in History. 

He has a perfect record when it comes to his stats at Lasell, letting in zero goals in the zero games he has appeared in. Iker Casillas, Oliver Kahn, and Gianluigi Buffon are three of his biggest inspirations when it comes to being a goalkeeper. Ten years down the road, Bruno sees himself teaching history and coaching soccer at his high school. But his real dream is to coach professional soccer in Europe.

As Bruno reflected on his life, his face lit up when he was talking about the things he was most proud of. “I’d say I’m most proud that I made it this far in life. Not a lot of kids go to college from vocational schools, so coming from a high school that’s not really an academic driven school to succeed so far in college and playing soccer here is probably what I’m most proud of.” 

If Bruno could be one person in the world, it would be his brother, the one who got him into the game of soccer at age five. Bruno’s sense of humor allows him to make fun of himself for his build, saying that if he could go back in time and change anything in his life, he would have gone to the gym in high school. “I had the opportunity, the place, and the coach pushing me and I didn’t do it, and now it’s hurting me. I went for about a month and then didn’t want to go anymore.”

His love for Nebraska stems from visiting his grandmother every summer from age eight to 18. “The pace of life is different and I just fell in love with it the first year I went out there.” he says. “It’s completely different. You’re half way across the country but you feel like you’re in a different country, I just love it.”

Of course, Bruno’s ideal date is a movie and then dinner. “Probably some sort of rom-com, because I know girls tend to like those. Then probably Chinese food for dinner. And then yeah, just take it from there I guess.” Taking a trip to the top of the Prudential Center and looking out at the city of Boston was mentioned as something he’d like to do on an ideal date.

Angela is a senior communication major with a concentration in public relations, and is double minoring in legal studies and sports communication. She studied in Washington, D.C. during the Spring 2016 semester. Angela has interned with McGovern Law and the Washington Ballet. She once was in the same press conference as President Obama. When not in class, she can be found in the Brennan Library studying, in the one of the gyms on campus or taking a nap. Angela is a sports lover, buffalo chicken enthusiast, and future master sommelier.