This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

My name is Jade, and I’m currently a sophomore (class of ‘24) here at Lasell. I joined HerCampus initially because of my roommates, but soon began to love it, and the whole idea of the club. Two out of three of my roommates are in this club as well, and before we even moved in, they were encouraging me to join. After meeting more of the girls and seeing what we did, I can totally understand why they were so excited about it. The group of girls is really nice for me, because I was hoping to make more friends on campus this year. Additionally, and what really drew me in was the writing. 

I have always liked creative writing, and felt as though I was good at it, but having an outlet for it was difficult to find in high school. My favorite assignments were projects, as I felt I had a lot of creative freedom. I love writing these weekly articles as a way for me to relax and be able to write about what I know and am passionate about. 

Outside of HerCampus, I love music, art, and spending time with my friends. I’m a really laid back person, and I don’t try to have too much going on at once. I also recently started going to the gym, which has been really enjoyable for me. My favorite types of music are rock, alternative, indie, and spotify playlists are my favorite topic of conversation. Overall, I’m really excited for this year!

Jade is a psychology major graduating with the class of 2024. In her free time, you can find Jade listening to music, cooking, or hanging out with friends