Career > Her20s

International Women’s Week: Interviewing My Best Friend and Fellow Her Campus Member Eileen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

For International Women’s Week, we were tasked with choosing a woman in our lives who we respect and admire to interview. Given these instructions, I knew I wanted to interview my best friend Eileen. 

Eileen is a junior Early Childhood Education major. Since I am also a junior Education major, we get to share every class with each other. Currently, Eileen works as a writing tutor in the Academic Achievement Center here at Lasell University, but when she is home she spends her summers as a camp counselor. She is also currently doing her student teaching in a pre-k classroom. After she graduates, Eileen is looking into furthering her education by working in speech pathology. When I asked what made her want to go into this field, she said that she knew that she wanted to work with children, but she didn’t want to be stuck in a classroom all day. She became interested in speech pathology and she knows it will open up great opportunities for her. I asked Eileen if she had a specific teacher that may have inspired her to work with kids. She told me about her first grade teacher, Ms. Casey, who was a great teacher that tended to her needs and was very caring, and who she always went back to visit.

Outside of her education interests, Eileen enjoys several outside hobbies such as going for walks, hiking, and going to the beach. She also likes to shop, and has an extremely impressive sweatshirt collection. 

I met Eileen for the first time at the beginning of this year, as we were both transfer students. We quickly became friends, and I am so grateful that I got the opportunity to meet her and bond with her. She definitely makes Lasell and life a more enjoyable experience for me.

Happy International Women’s Day!

Kyra is a senior at Lasell University and is an elementary education major. She loves to hike, bake, and work with her students at daycare.