brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

How to Look Lux Without the Massive Price Tag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As college students, we’ve all scrolled through our Instagram feeds, wondering why our outfits will never look as expensive and put together as our favorite influencers. However, with a few simple tips and tricks, I promise you that all your friends are going to be asking you, “You only spent how much?!!”

1.    Stick to basics

Having basic pieces you can mix and match can double or even triple your wardrobe. Instead of buying a new top every time you go out, you’ll be able to create a new outfit with just the few things that are in your closet.

2.    Find Clothing that fits

Well-fitting clothes will always look much more expensive, even if they didn’t cost much. American Eagle has great jeans with a ton of different fits and lengths so you’re guaranteed to find one that suits you. ASOS also offers petite and tall ranges so you’ll never have to worry about a bodysuit that’s too short or a maxi dress that’s too long. Another way to change the fit of a garment is with a quick cuff or tuck. Your friends will be dying to know who’s been tailoring your clothes.

3.    Accessories are key

Accessories are an inexpensive way to change up an outfit. An easy way to look like a million bucks is to have a simple outfit with one statement accessory like a hat, necklace, belt, or pair of shoes. Target is a great place to find inexpensive, but high quality items all in one stop. Their loafers and quilted belt bags give you a Gucci look without the Gucci price tag.     It doesn’t take much money to look like you broke the bank. With these tips you’ll be looking like you just stepped off of Rodeo Drive, when in reality you just walked out of your local mall.

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.