Molly Peach-Girls Laughing At Night
Molly Peach-Girls Laughing At Night
Molly Peach / Her Campus

How to be a Supportive Friend (When You Can’t Go Out & See Your Friends)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

We are all missing someone right now whether it’s friends, family members, or S.O. There are ways we can still support them and stay in touch with them. While we continue social distancing here are our favorite ways to stay in touch.

1. Send More Than Just a Simple Text

This could be a meme, funny Youtube video, or a funny Tiktok, gifs, pictures, or posts that made you think of them. A simple text asking how their day went goes a long way too.

2. Send Them a Letter

Write a letter to send them some happy mail and show you care.

3. Facetime Often

Facetime them often and try one of the apps where you can both watch a movie or show together. It could also be fun to Facetime while you each go on a walk or cook dinner separately. 

4. Send Them Old Videos or Photos of You Together

Share your favorite memories of the two of you together with old photos or videos. 

5. Ask About the Details 

Most of our days right now are pretty much the same and asking about the little details really shows you care.

6. Send Them a Book in the Mail

This is something I recently did with my college roommates. Since our semester was cut short we have been sending each other books and letters. I have also sent a couple of friends who I miss cards with pictures of us in them to cheer them up. 

7. Leave Bake Goods in Their Mailbox

If you have been baking a lot like myself recently, if they live close enough, drop off some baked goods in their mailbox. Having a surprising pizza delivered would be a nice surprise too. 

8. Tell Them You Love Them

This one is the simplest, but can go very far and mean a lot.

I hope these gave you some new ideas to stay in touch with those who mean the most during this difficult time.

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.