This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

We made it! Class of 2020, we completed our first year of college in the midst of a pandemic! We should give ourselves a pat on the back, we graduated high school in a pandemic, and made our college experience the best we could! All of our hard work shouldn’t be ignored, and we should praise ourselves. Now that it’s starting to be warm and classes are dimming down, we earned a well deserved break. Although a break is great, we shouldn’t go that deep down the rabbit hole. Before we know it, we will be right back to September doing it all over again! Here are some tips and tricks to keep your mind busy (but not too busy),through the break!

1. Hit the gym!

You don’t have to become a bodybuilder! By maintaining your body in peak shape, it makes you feel energized and great about yourself! You most likely ran yourself ragged, homework, dealing with a pandemic, etc. Your body is your personal machine, make sure you keep it in good condition to thrive in life!

2. Brush up your social networks!

Keeping your LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. up to date with the times and with your attitude is so important! Especially working on social networking apps such as LinkedIn. Taking some time at the end of the year to look back and publish your accomplishments and internship opportunities throughout the year to keep yourself updated!

3. Pick up a book! (or a Netflix show… Whatever floats your boat!)

Whether it’s a book your friend recommended for you, a podcast you’ve been meaning to catch up on, or of course, catch up on Bridgerton on Netflix! By keeping oneself occupied and your mind busy, it helps you relax and motivates your brain in one!

4. Prepare for the next semester!

Now don’t hate me for this one! Believe me, I am just as tired as anyone else from this draining year. But, getting yourself psyched about your next classes gives you fire under your behind to feel more motivated! Such as looking up tutoring videos on youtube about your classes. For example, if you’re taking Biology, watch some Crash Course and get yourself ready. Having some personal information beforehand is a great assistance when you are doing some homework and see something you recognize from the summer!

This year has been a draining one, no one can deny it. Of course, take a month and just relax. Sleep in, laze about, do whatever your want, but don’t forget to keep yourself polished for the next year!

Hello there! I am Yalines Medrano and I am a Forensic Science major at Lasell University with the class of 2024. I am from Peabody, Massachusetts and I love to read, watch anime, and hang out with friends! I am so excited to be involved in HER Campus!