Style > Beauty

How this $30 Makeup Organizer from Target LITERALLY Saved My Vanity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

So, I love makeup.  I own a lot of it. Foundations, lipsticks, eyeshadows, translucent powder…you name it, I probably have it.  Of course, the biggest downside to owning lots of makeup is that you need to store it and that if you don’t store it properly you could have a powdery (or worse, liquid-y) disaster on your hands.  At my worst a few months ago, I had three different containers full of makeup, and yet still had a few too many catastrophes. So when I came across the Sorbus Makeup Storage Organizer on Target’s website and read the rave reviews, I knew that I had to try it, even if it was a last-ditch effort.

The Sorbus Makeup Storage Organizer is a tiered, semi-see through structure that boasts 7 drawers in two different sizes as well as a top with compartments where makeup brushes, bottles, and lipsticks can be stored.  When my organizer arrived in the mail, I marveled at how well-made it was–it’s of a sturdy plastic that definitely could survive a fall or two, and that can be easily cleaned with a wipe or a wet cloth. It even comes with felt liners so that the drawers don’t become scratched.  The drawers slide in and out easily, and you can take an entire drawer out of the larger structure without issue. The top part even detaches, so if you do your makeup in a different area of the room from where you store it, you can easily bring your brushes and other makeup tools with you.  Though the plastic is tinted (it comes in three colors, I chose purple), it’s still see-through enough for you to easily find things without needing to open and close every drawer.

Just based on pictures, I figured that the organizer would be big enough to hold most of my makeup, but I was pleasantly surprised when I could not only store my entire collection of lipsticks in it but also a few shallow tubs of lotion from Lush and EOS lip balms.  In the small drawers, I am able to store blushes, concealers, small eyeshadows, and serums; in the larger ones, I am able to fit eyeshadow palettes, shallow lotion tubs, and mascara wands. I was able to compress my three containers of makeup into one, and for the first time in years, I actually have vanity space.  The organizer itself is a space saver with its tiered drawers that keep it from taking up too much space length-wise.

Overall, I’m so pleased with the Sorbus Makeup Storage Organizer.  It has saved my vanity and probably my makeup. I can find what I need easily, store bottles upright so the contents don’t spill, and actually have adequate space in which to do my makeup.  If you have a lot of makeup but suck at storing it properly, the Sorbus Makeup Storage Organizer is for you.

Cristina is a senior elementary education major at Lasell. She loves black labs, iced coffee, and reviewing every product that she has ever purchased.  When she's not freaking out about how many lesson plans that she has to write, she can usually be found with her nose in a historical fiction novel, listening to a true crime podcast, or taking pictures.