Hot girl summer playlist but make it semi alt/indie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Anyone else ready for summer? The academic burnout is real and I know I am personally so ready for a break. In preparation for summer I knew I needed a new hot girl summer playlist, except my music taste is very alt/indie. So, if you’re into that maybe give this a listen. 

1. Sex, Drugs, Ect. -Beach Weather

Had the start off the playlist with the ultimate summer vibes in my opinion. 

1. Tongue Tied -GROUPLOVE

Kinda cheesy, but you can’t tell me this isn’t a coming of age movie in song form. 

1. Out of My League – Fitz and The Tantrums

Also definitely a coming of age movie in song form, just a summer bop.

1. Chelsea Dagger – The Fratellis

This makes me wanna be the main character so badly, I just feel so badass listening to this.

1. Kiwi – Harry Styles

A sprinkle of a head banger. 

1. Wet Dream – Wet Leg

Just vibes here.

1. Too Well -Reneé Rapp

Every playlist needs a scream in the car song.

1. Meddle About -Chase Atlantic

A dash of horniness for some spice. 

1. High Enough – K.Flay

This makes me wanna hang out of a sunroof and have my main character moment as this song blasts in the background.

1. Shut Up My Moms Calling -Hotel Ugly

I will make an excuse to get this on every playlist; it literally goes with everything.

1. Eat Your Young – Hozier

To be honest this is on here because it wasn’t out when my sexplaylist article was written and I just need everyone to listen to it.

1. Kilby Girl – The Backseat Lovers

SHE’S GOT A FAKE ID AND A NOSE RING

1. She Calls Me Back – Noah Kahan

A slower vibe as we ended the playlist, perfect for driving down a backroad as the sun sets. 

1. Somewhere Only We Know – Keane

I do not know why this is a summer bop to me, but it is, just let it happen.

1. Dreams – Fleetwood Mac

This makes me wanna just dance around with my friends by

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!