freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Hear Me Out: Every Guy Named After the Jonas Brothers Is Bad at Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Now I know what you’re thinking, but hear me out. Every guy named after the Jonas brothers (that isn’t a Jonas brother) is bad at relationships. If you’re not dating the real Nick (Jonas), then just give up on your boyfriend named Nick, Joe or Kevin.

I have a lot of experience with these boys, or by experience, I mean talking to a Kevin and having numerous friends enter failed relationships with the rest of the names. So, this is legitimate, I know what I’m talking about. And from what I’ve heard from the Jonas brother’s wives, they sound like just alright boyfriends compared to their ‘name double gangers’.

Starting with Nick’s because why not? Nick’s are the guy that seems cool but in reality, he is actually a jerk. Maybe you had a friend named Nick or the unfortunate opportunity to date one, then you know what I mean. Even if they seem sweet, deep down inside they have a monster inside ready to go off on you. After the first year, they won’t hold the umbrella for you, then they’ll start canceling plans then choose your least favorite restaurant for dinner. The only upside is that they’re goofy so you may be able to forgive them and stay in their trap.

If your boyfriend is a Joe then he’s probably an okay guy, but just okay. You shouldn’t expect a lot from him because let’s be honest, he’s kinda lazy. From the three names, this is the worse to be stuck with, just in case you already married your Joe. He’s the type of person who forgot the anniversary and tried to make up for it a week later. This dude tries, but let’s be real it’s annoying. I hope you know how to cook and clean because he never will.

Now Kevins… Do I need to say it? Run!!!! I have not had a single friend who dated a Kevin didn’t go bad, or if they’re still together they don’t know it’s going to go bad yet. Kevin’s are stuck in their own little world and everything revolves around them. You’re only there when they want something. Maybe you’ve been together for two years, that doesn’t matter when they are done they are done. It’s all about their wants when they want it and they move on very quickly.

In general, they are all childish and we don’t have time for childish men.

Now perhaps it sounds like a consequence because these are all common names, but it’s not. If a guy is named Nick, Joe or Kevin, run to the hills while you can.

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.