The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Over the summer, I have fallen back in love with my hobby of reading books and getting lost in them. Also, during the summer I have kept my reading genre pretty broad and somewhat diverse. But now that it’s fall, aka cozy season, my TBR (to be read) list is going to reflect that. So, with a mix of spooky and cozy vibes here is my fall reading list:

1. The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley

This book is at the top of my list because it’s a thriller and mystery novel, which is different from my usual romance and fantasy fiction genres. Also, the plot of the story is very intriguing! A short synopsis is that a young woman named Jess moves in with her brother in an apartment building in Paris, but when she gets there he’s nowhere to be found, and he stays gone for long enough that he appears to be missing. His neighbors seem to know more than what they’re telling and everyone’s a suspect. Interesting, right?

1. Before the Coffee Gets Cold: Tales from the Café by Toshikazu Kawaguchi

This is the second book of the series of Before the Coffee Gets Cold, and of course it has an English translation. The first book was a short read that had me hooked but relaxed, and when I found out there was a second book, I knew I needed to read it. This book is a continuation of the story about a small café in Tokyo that brews a unique form of coffee that takes customers back in time. So, this book opens with a new set of characters who want to take advantage of Cafe Funiculi Funicula’s experience and face their pasts.

1. The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur 

Surprise! I also really enjoy reading poetry because like most books, poetry makes me forget the world around me and lets me get lost in reading. The Sun and Her Flowers is one of the more popular poetry books that I just never got the chance to read. It covers a journey of growth and healing and is divided into chapters of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. Rupi Kaur is an amazing writer and I am very excited to read this when I can. 

Hi! My name is Celeste and I am currently a senior, majoring in Health Science at Lasell University. On campus, I am involved in a variety of clubs such as HerCampus, the Student Government Association as the VP of Academics, the Campus Activities Board, and the Knitting Club. Also, I intern at a health center as a patient resource advocate and I work at the IT Help Desk on my campus. In my spare time, my favorite things to do are read, watch videos or movies, and sit and chat with my friends!