This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

If you’ve never heard of the movie Hocus Pocus… then did you have a childhood? Just kidding, but in all seriousness, it was a Halloween classic. Whenever Halloween comes around, Hocus Pocus is one of the first things I think about and it’s one of the first movies I watch. My mom and I watch it religiously in October. Hocus Pocus is the perfect family-friendly movie to watch during this time of year. It’s not scary and won’t keep you up at night if you watch it alone. 

The movie itself is about a family that just moved to Salem from California and are adjusting to the new town. In the film, it’s Halloween time and the town’s history is being taught in school, specifically the old tale of the Sanderson sisters. Max, one of the main characters, doesn’t buy into it. That is, until Halloween night when he lights the candle that triggers the Sanderson sisters to be brought back. 

There’s chaos all through the town with the sisters out and about. It’s up to Max, his sister Dani, and his friend Allison to get rid of the sisters once again. No one else knows the tale or figures out what’s going on. They try to get help from their parents and other adults as things get more dangerous and more people are going to be harmed. However, nobody believes them and thinks they’re just being silly. The movie takes some turns and just when you think it’s over, it isn’t. Finally, the group takes down the Sanderson sisters and saves all the kids in the town.

It’s not too late to squeeze this exciting film in to watch before Halloween or on Halloween night!

Kaylee Bickford is a Junior at Lasell University studying psychology. She is also a member of Class Committee as the Junior Class Treasurer and CAB. A few fun facts about her are; she absolutely loves sloths, obsessed with her birthday, and Christmas is her favorite holiday. Her instagram can be found at @kaylee_bickford.