This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Since we are in our rooms a lot lately and do not always feel like going to get dining hall food, having a great stash of snacks and food in your dorm can keep you satisfied for the day. Here are some of my top picks for dorm food that I truly enjoy:  

1. Oreos and Milk: This snack actually requires the help of the dining hall. At Lasell, you can get milk cartons, so grabbing some Oreos from the store and dipping them in the milk carton provides you with a great snack and you don’t even have to use a cup!

2. Bremer Chicken Sliders: These are my new favorite food. Aldi’s sells mini crispy chicken sliders, and they are to die for! They come in a pack of four, but each has two servings of two sandwiches. You put them in the microwave for one minute and thirty seconds. They are the perfect dinner when you don’t feel like leaving your room. 

3. Skinny Pop individual bags: Skinny Pop sells their popcorn in small individual bags, they usually come in a pack of six bags and are the perfect snack for sitting in your room watching a movie or for on the way to class. Target usually sells the 6 pack, but you can also get boxes of 28 from stores such as BJ’s. With only 100 calories per bag, you can’t miss out on this great and healthy snack. 

4. Fresh Fruit Bowls: Star Market, conveniently located down the street from Lasell’s campus sells large bowls of assorted fruit. These are great because you get a mix of fruit and they will last a while. You can also pick up some yogurt and make your own parfaits!

5. Bagels: Bagels are a great snack to have because you can also use them as breakfast in the morning. I like to put peanut butter and jelly on mine for a great breakfast sandwich. 

6. Mini Cereals~ Individual cereal bowls are good to get because they are more filling than a bagel, but also are not a huge meal. You can get milk from the dining hall and have a great start to an online class. 

These are some of my favorite foods to have in the dorm. Comment below some of yours!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)