Style

Harry Styles Stars in Second Gucci Campaign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Who better to model Gucci’s latest collection of patchwork and knits than Harry Styles?

Styles, who is known to rock a Gucci suit on the reg, made his debut in the fashion house’s Autumn/Winter 2018 Men’s Tailoring campaign. In that campaign, Style modeled at a stereotypical British chip shop, wearing suits in shades of gray and blue with pops of burgundy and green. He was also posing with some dogs and holding a chicken, because why not?

This time around Styles was showing off Gucci’s Spring/Summer 2019 Cruise collection. Don’t worry though, there were still plenty of farm animals. This collection was similar to the previous one and consisted of tailored suit pieces (a Gucci staple). However the color palette was more suitable for the spring time, featuring pastel lilac and floral patterns. There were also more accessories. The first campaign was relatively tame, featuring some bold prints and a few standout accessories, like rings. This time, Styles is covered in ornate jewelry, including a massive gem-encrusted cross and a crown that could have him easily mistaken for a Greek god.

The full campaign will be released in November. With Harry Styles as a model and Alessandro Michele as Creative Director, this collection will be one people remember.

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.
Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.