Harry Styles’ Best Tour Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

During our week of Harry Styles love, it would be impossible to not talk about his concert tour this year! As someone who loves and respects Harry Styles a lot (probably more than I should), I can admit some of the things he does at his concerts are ridiculous. But, that’s part of the reason why we all love him, right? Without four (or three) other band mates jumping around on stage with him, he has to have a show that is just as memorable as it is hilarious and silly, and here are some of the best things he’s done or said so far on his debut tour that reveal his charm and humor.

#10: Singing What Makes You Beautiful, Story of My Life, and Stockholm Syndrome

Most Harry Styles supporters carried on from their One Direction days, and to hear him sing some of my favorite songs alone and perform them in his own way make my heart so happy and so, so nostalgic.

#9: His suits!

Ever since he went solo, Styles has been killing the fashion game. From floral suits to neon colors, he has worn it all and still continues to surprise everyone with his fancy and flashy designer suits. This amazing purple and green Gucci glitter suit has to be my favorite, and he pulls it off so well. I really can’t think of anyone else who could wear glittery contrasting colors and still look unbelievably attractive.

#8: Waving the Pride flag

With our society’s current social climate, it is so refreshing to see so many popular celebrities embracing equality and welcoming difference, and Styles really stands out among them. At many of his shows this tour, he waves around the pride flag and encourages everyone in the audience to be themselves! While he prefers not to label himself or talk about his love life (which everyone should respect), it is so important for young fans of his to see his progressiveness and positivity.

#7: Covering songs

Throughout his tour, Styles has been singing The Chain by Fleetwood Mac and Just A Little Bit of Your Heart by Ariana Grande (a song he wrote). When he sang The Chain at the concert I went to in Boston, I was blown away by his vocals that I already knew were amazing before. I had heard the song countless times before on my dad’s radio, but when Styles sang his voice gave me a whole new appreciation for it that I hadn’t had before. And it was so amazing to hear Just A Little Bit of Your Heart sung by him, as I had been dying for a version since Ariana’s song came out years ago.

#6:  “I’m asking you to be better.”

One of Styles’ favorite things to do is stop while performing and ask the audience to do a better job at screaming and singing along, which then he smirks at himself for. During this show though, he tells the audience if they aren’t better he will do it again and again until they are.

#5: A kiwi lands on stage

While dancing around on stage during “Kiwi,” a fan-favorite song, Styles almost slips and falls. After the song, he comments how an actual kiwi being thrown on stage is the culprit for his almost slip.

#4: “This is a family show…”

Back on tour with One Direction, when his shirt was soaked with water, a fan asked him to take his shirt off. Styles replied by saying that it was a family show, and then went on to say “Or is it?”, and ever since, he has been saying it to be a tease. I find it funny how he performs at so many shows every single night and still manages to remember things that fans liked or thought were funny, and he finds them funny himself.

#3: Harry’s thank you and hugs a fan

At every show, Styles stops to sincerely thank the audience for being there and supporting him. He also holds a moment where he asks everyone in the audience to hug a stranger and spread kindness, and at this show he even reached into the audience to share a hug with a fan!

#2: Harry stops the show when someone passes out

After a fan faints, Styles stops the show and asks for the bright lights to be turned off. He asks a few times if the person is alright, before he finally continues. Most artists would not stop their shows for a single fan in the audience, but Styles is so genuine and kind and really cares about the people that come to see him.

#1: The Pizza Rant

This honestly doesn’t need explaining, but Styles’ two-minute speech about different pizzas is as hilarious as it is absolutely dumb. He even apologizes for offending anyone after telling people who are gluten free to shut up, and says “gluten is a bad man.”

As Styles has finished his first U.S leg of his tour and begins to travel around Europe, we can only hope some more amazing, funny, and kind moments reveal themselves as he gets deeper into his tour. I can’t help but be even more excited for him to come back to Boston at the TD Garden next summer!

Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.